WHAT: FRAUD Workshop presented by Richard Goldman and Valérie Thibodeau of Éducaloi
HOSTED by Literacy Quebec
WHEN: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 | 11h00 – 12h30 via Zoom
AUDIENCE: This workshop is OPEN to THE PUBLIC
COST: FREE to all
This workshop discusses common scams and frauds, how to protect yourself, and how to report them. We will also briefly discuss the difference between a protection mandate and a power of attorney. This workshop teaches best practices and how to avoid risks to your finances. Scammers are using more and more sophisticated tactics to get your money.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to identify risky situations;
- How to protect yourself against some of the most common frauds;
- To whom you can report fraud and file a report.
To learn more about these topics, consult:
- Guide : Protect Your Money From Financial Fraud and Abuse
- Article : Protect Your Money: Remedies and Useful Resources
This event was made possible with the financial support of the Secrétariat aux relations avec les Québécois d’expression anglaise.