Make every day your Literacy Day by reading, writing and sharing books! This year’s International Literacy Day will be celebrated worldwide under the theme, Transforming Literacy Learning Spaces and will be an opportunity to rethink the fundamental importance of literacy learning spaces to build resilience and ensure quality, equitable, and inclusive education for all.
Looking for ways to advance the cause of literacy in your corner of the world? Check out the suggestions below OR drop by The Learning Exchange office to get a free children’s book!
1. Use social media to spread the word about the importance of literacy.
2. Give a book as a gift. Include a note about the importance of literacy.
3. Sponsor a book-collecting drive; give books to nursing homes, schools, adult literacy programs.
4. Listen to an audio book.
5. Learn about and support local literacy projects or programs in your area.
6. Sponsor book awards.
7. Organize an essay contest about “a book that changed my life.”
8. Establish a book discussion group.
9. Sponsor book readings with local authors or local celebrities reading from their favourite books.
10. Attend readings at your local library or bookstore.
11. Publicize and distribute lists of recommended books for readers of all ages.
#ILD #ILD2022 #TLEILD