The Literacy Helpline is a FREE service that provides information and support for tasks that require reading, writing and/or digital literacy skills. English-speaking Quebecers can call 1-888-521-8181 for assistance.
What kinds of support are offered?
Support is offered to English-speaking Adults (16+) in Quebec who need help to:
- Print forms and essential information
- Understand written instructions including health and other government information
- Get information online when they don’t have internet at home
- Seek information that is difficult to access during the pandemic
- Click with confidence – learn to use a computer, tablet or cell phone to safely complete daily tasks, i.e. access services or programs online (Zoom, Facetime, online shopping, banking, etc.)
- Improve their reading and writing skills
How to get help
Call 1-888-521-8181 and speak to a volunteer or leave a message. You can also reach us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Interested In Volunteering?|
We are looking for patient, warm and welcoming volunteers to offer phone s and online support. Training is provided through Zoom or phone. See our Helpline Volunteer Page to apply.
|Help Promote the Helpline|
We have prepared graphics and text to post information about our launch on your organization’s website, newsletter or social posts. click to see our Helpline Promotion Toolkit.
The Helpline is a collaborative project hosted by Literacy Quebec to connect English-speaking adults with the provincial network of literacy organizations.