MINDFULNESS PRACTICE is exactly that – a practice.
- It is something we do.
- It is the easiest thing you have ever done … and the most difficult.
- It is Sitting-up straight
- It is Feeling the breath
- It is Seeing the seeing
- It is Hearing the hearing
- It is Feeling sensations of the body
- It is watching thoughts come & go
Why do we Practice Mindfulness?
- To wake-up to our lives as they unfold moment-to-moment
- To live fully in THIS MOMENT – the only moment there ever is
Ian has practiced Mindfulness Practice for more than 20 years. He has presented workshops to elementary and high schools in Quebec and Ontario. He has recorded the “2-Minute Mindfulness Bell” for use in schools to help students make transitions throughout the day. Ian is a certified Vibroacoustic Harp Therapy practitioner whose work has been written about in newspapers and journals in Canada and the U.S. His website includes a 23-minute documentary broadcast nationally on CBC radio. Ian holds diplomas in Piano Performance and Piano Pedagogy from the Royal Conservatory of Music. He has taught piano and harp for more than 40 years. With his band Imaginary Heaven, he has toured Canada several times and sold more CDs in Japan than in Canada. In some half-life, Ian is also a handweaver whose weaving may be found in private collections in Canada and throughout the world.
A LEARNING EXCHANGE / CDC VIMONT partner project funded by
regroupement lavallois pour la réussite éducative