Welcome to TLE’s Storytime, for some friendship-themed fun!
Featured Story: The Adventures of Beekle The Unimaginary Friend
New York Times bestselling and award-winning author and illustrator Dan Santat combines classic storytelling with breathtaking art, creating an unforgettable tale about friendship, imagination, and the courage to find one’s place in the world.
~ by Dan Santat
Craft Activity: Friendship & Family Frames
- assorted decorative pieces + stick ons
- fancy tape
- jute or string
- picture frames
- pictures or drawings
- Use the assorted decorative stick on pieces and fancy tape to decorate your picture frames.
- Use the markers to colour or draw on the frames.
- Find a picture of you with a friend or family member for your frame doing something you love.
- Cut the picture to-size.
- Add the pictures to the frames.
- Use the clips to hang the frames to jute or string.
- Hang your string of frames on a wall, bulletin board or door. Enjoy!
Related Stories Online
The Rainbow Fish is an award-winning book about a beautiful fish who finds friendship and happiness when he learns to share.
Cooking with your kids can help boost their development:
Increases language development
Enhances fine motor skills
Improves reading development
Introduces children to science and math skills
Bring the kids together with their friends to help make this kid-friendly fruit salad into a cooperative friendship salad.
Family Fun: Craft and Activity Ideas
Songs and Music
Information & Fun Facts
What is friendship? Friends play together, share together, and dance together! Elmo and Rosita know all about friendship because they are the best of friends!