Welcome to TLE’s Storytime featuring the story TERRIFIC! by Sophie Gilmore!
Featured Story: Terrific!
Craft Activity: Animal Rainbow Scratch Art
- Animal Scratch Art kit (example pictured below)
- Scratch art paper and scratch tool (lolipop stick)
- Hole puncher
- Use the scratch tool to create patterns and uncover areas on the scratch art paper.
- Carefully punch out the animal (pre-cut designs) OR cut along the outline of your animal.
- Create or push out the holes in your art animal to use the yarn (provided in some kits) to add fun features to your art, such as a tail. Cut and thread the yarn through the holes to finish off your scratch art.
Easy Paper Craft
Here is an easy paper craft alternative to the Animal Rainbow Scratch Art.
- Crayons, coloured pencils or markers
- Draw a picture of something TERRIFIC you would like to do with your friends!
- Pick an animal picture, download, print and colour.
Reading and storytelling with babies and children promotes brain development and imagination, develops language and emotions, and strengthens relationships.
|Private I. Guana||Never Play Music Right |
Next to the Zoo
|Animal Tales: A Menagerie of Stories for School-Aged Children About Animals|
|A Tale of Two Beasts||Story Jumper Animals Books||Animal Stories by Storyberries|
Cooking can help young kids learn and practice some basic math concepts and build language skills.
|Fun Food: The Coral Snake Snack||Peanut Butter Strawberry Banana Owl Kid’s Snack||Lion Vegetable Tray that Kids|
Family Fun: Craft and Activity Ideas
Play promotes healthy development and critical thinking skills. It reinforces memory, helps children understand cause and effect.
|67 Easy Animal Yoga Poses|
|Learn to Count to 20 with |
|Owls Coloring Pages for Kids|
|Foam Cup Lion Craft for Kids||Amazing Animals | Free Printable|
Worksheets for Toddlers
|Animal Mix-Up Activity|
Songs and Music
Early music exposure helps children learn by promoting language, creativity, coordination, social interaction, self-esteem
|Jungle Animals Song | Kids Songs Nursery Rhymes | The Kiboomers||Animal Alphabet Move and Groove A-Z | Jack Hartmann||Animal Nursery Rhymes |
Information & Fun Facts
Young children learn best when information is presented in a playful, engaging manner.
Vocabulary helps children to think and learn about the world. Expanding a child’s knowledge of words provides unlimited access to new information.