Welcome to TLE’s Storytime featuring the story In My Heart: A Book of Feelings by Jo Witek, illustrated by Christine Roussey!
In My HeartA Book of Feelings
Craft Activity: Feeling Hearts
- White glue or glue stick
- Assorted hearts
- Assorted stickers
- Glitter glue, glitter dots, etc.
- Optional: Decorative pieces such as buttons, sequins, gems, etc.
- Use the craft materials to decorate your feeling hearts.
- Write messages, draw pictures, add decorative stickers and glitter to your hearts.
- Give your hearts to friends and family or make a feeling heart jar that you fill with the hearts!
Easy Paper Craft
Here is an easy paper craft alternative to the Feeling Hearts craft.
- Crayons, coloured pencils or markers
- Draw and cut out hearts. Write messages and draw pictures on the heart shapes. Give the hearts to friends and family.
- Hearts colouring page: download, print and colour.
Reading and storytelling with babies and children promotes brain development and imagination, develops language and emotions, and strengthens relationships.
|The Boy with Big, Big Feelings Storytime with Daddy
|The Way I Feel
|A Little Scribble SPOT: A Story About Colorful Emotions
|Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch
|The Kissing Hand
|I Love My Mom
Cooking can help young kids learn and practice some basic math concepts and build language skills.
Pop Tarts Hearts
|Gluten Free Sugar Cookie Hearts
|How Pizza Can Be Used To Get Kids Talking About Their Feelings
Family Fun: Craft and Activity Ideas
Play promotes healthy development and critical thinking skills. It reinforces memory, helps children understand cause and effect.
|Feelings Jenga Game
|Homemade Emoji Squishies
|Activities for Toddlers:
|PBS Feelings Game
|Roll and Color Valentine’s Day Counting Game
|Valentine’s Day Mobile With Tissue Paper Dyed Hearts
|How To Make A Fancy
Songs and Music
Early music exposure helps children learn by promoting language, creativity, coordination, social interaction, self-esteem and memory.
Information & Fun Facts
Young children learn best when information is presented in a playful, engaging manner.
|How to Teach Kids About
|Ideas for Teaching Children
|The Human Body: The Heart | Educational Videos For Kids
|How Your Heart Works? – The Dr. Binocs Show | Best Learning Videos For Kids | Peekaboo Kidz
Vocabulary helps children to think and learn about the world. Expanding a child’s knowledge of words provides unlimited access to new information.